Don’t have anything planned for this Memorial Day Weekend? Don’t worry, we have a huge list of parade events coming to a city or town near you!
Here’s a list of the parades, services and more planned this weekend across Central New York:
- Auburn: 11 a.m. Monday, parade from East Genesee Street to Veterans Memorial Park; placing of a wreath following parade.
- Weedsport: 9 a.m. Monday, parade from Weedsport Elementary school to Clark Heck Legion. Watchfire at 8 p.m. at Weedsport High School.
- Cato: 9 a.m. Monday, parade from Legion Street to cemetery in Cato.
- Mentz: 9 a.m. Monday, parade from American Legion to Mount Pleasant Cemetery.
- Canastota: 10:15 a.m. Monday, parade starts on Peterboro Street.
- Cazenovia: 10:30 a.m. Monday, parade from Cazenovia High School to Cannon Memorial Park; 11 a.m. service will be held at memorial park in the center of village.
- Chittenango: 10 a.m. Monday, rifle salutes at St. Patrick Cemetery, 10:30 a.m. at Oakwood Cemetery, followed by 11 a.m. ceremony and reception at Legion Post, on Legion Drive.
- DeRuyter: 10 a.m. Monday, parade. The event will end with an observance at Hillcrest Cemetery. Chicken barbecue at the American Legion.
- Hamilton: 12:30 p.m. Sunday, ceremony at the Madison Street Cemetery.
- Morrisville: 10 a.m. Monday, parade.
- Munnsville: 1 p.m. Sunday, parade starting at the Ferris Industries building.
- Oneida: 6:30 p.m. Friday, ceremony at Triangle Park, followed by parade from Main Street to Veterans Field.
- Wampsville: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Madison County War veterans memorial ceremony, North Court Street.
- Borodino: 1 p.m. Sunday, parade, begins at the Borodino firehouse and concludes at the Veterans’ Memorial Park.
- Camillus: 9 a.m. Sunday, veterans’ mass, St. Joseph’s Church, 5600 W. Genesee St. Reception to follow. 9:30 a.m. Monday, parade. Units form at Maple Drive and proceed through the village to the senior center on First Street, where a short ceremony will take place. Other activities include story time, crafts book sale from 8:30 a.m. to noon Monday on the lawn of Maxwell Memorial Library, 14 Genesee St., Camillus; chicken barbecue, Camillus Elks Lodge 2367, 6117 Newport Road, Camillus and field days.
- Cicero: 9 a.m. Monday, parade, from Cicero Cemetery on Route 11, south to Route 31 and then west to the American Legion Hall.
- East Syracuse: 11 a.m. Monday, parade.
- Fairmount: 5 p.m. Saturday, mass, at Holy Family Church, 120 Chapel Drive. All U.S. veterans and enlisted personnel are invited to walk behind a Police Color Guard, to salute fallen comrades.
- Fabius: Memorial Day events from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday including plant sale at Gandee Gallery, 7846 Main St. with music.
- Fayetteville: 9 a.m. Monday, parade, begins at the corner of East Genesee and Highbridge streets, follows East Genesee to F-M Road and continues on to Beard Park for ceremony.
- Geddes: Watchfire ceremony, dusk Sunday, Empire Expo Center’s upper parking lot, across from Gate 7, between Interstate 690 and State Fair Boulevard. Retired and tattered U.S. flags collected by veterans’ groups and other organizations will be burned.
- Jamesville: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, parade. Memorial service to follow at the Jamesville Elementary School. A family picnic will be held at the Jamesville Fire Department.
- Jordan-Elbridge: 2:30 p.m. Monday, ceremony, Veterans Memorial Park, North Main Street. 3:05 p.m. Monday, parade, begins at Hamilton Street and continues down North Main Street, Mechanic Street, Chappel Street to Ramsdell Elementary School.
- LaFayette: Memorial Day benefit: 8 a.m. to noon Monday, Columbian Presbyterian Church, routes 11 and 20. All proceeds will benefit LaFayette Outreach Inc., the local food pantry and service-referral agency. 9 a.m. Monday, parade, LaFayette VFW Post 1955, Route 11. From Alliance Church to the cemetery. A chicken barbecue at the VFW after the parade, until sold out.
- Liverpool: 9 a.m. Monday, service, Johnson Park, Route 57 and Vine Street. Parade following the services to the Liverpool Cemetery and back. Noon Monday, ceremony, Butterfly Garden of Hope, Onondaga Lake Parkway. Songs performed by Spirit of Syracuse Chorus, readings and prayers.
- Lyncourt: 9 a.m. Monday, parade, Lyncourt Firehouse to Lyncourt School.
- Manlius: 11 a.m. Monday, parade, Main Street. Followed by ceremony at the Veterans’ Memorial at Village Centre.
- Marcellus: 10 a.m. Monday, parade, forms on Reed Parkway at the middle school, goes through the village and ends at United Methodist Church at the intersection of West Main Street and Slocombe Avenue. A ceremony will follow at Veterans Monument at United Methodist Church. Memorial Service for WWII Submariner: 2 p.m. Sunday, St. John’s Episcopal Church, 15 Orange St. To honor Harold Walker who died in 1944.
- Navarino: 1 p.m. Monday, parade.
- North Syracuse: 9 a.m. Monday, parade, Lonergan Park, down Main Street to Veterans Memorial Park.
- Onondaga Hill: 10:30 a.m. Monday, ceremony, Onondaga County Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 4069 Howlett Hill Road.
- Skaneateles: 9 a.m. Monday, parade, forms at Robert Hydon American Legion Post, travels down Jordan Road onto West Genesee Street. Ceremonies at St. Mary’s of the Lake Cemetery, Lakeview Cemetery and the Veterans Memorial in Clift Park.
- Solvay/Geddes: 10 a.m. Monday, ceremony, Veterans Memorial Park, Woods Road.
- Syracuse: 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, concern, The Palace Theatre, 2384 James St. Stan Colella Orchestra’s tribute to fallen heroes. Presented by the Syracuse Parks and Recreation Department. Doors open at 2 p.m. 9 a.m. Monday, parade, Eastwood American Legion Post 1276, 102 Nichols Ave., Syracuse. The parade will travel down James Street to Grant Boulevard and James Street.
- Cleveland: 9 a.m. Monday, ceremony, LakeView Park on Route 49 in Cleveland,
- Berhnards Bay: 11 a.m., Monday. Parade starts on Railroad Street west down state Route 49 to David C. Webb Memorial Park at Taft Bay. Short ceremony will follow.
- Hannibal: 11 a.m. Monday, service in Village Square, state Route 3 and Cayuga and Auburn streets
- Fulton: 5 p.m. Friday, ceremony, Fulton Community Center, 605 W. Broadway. 10 p.m. fireworks. Parade: 10 a.m. Saturday, free musical entertainment, food, drink, carnival rides, face painting, balloon animals and a magic show.
- New Haven: 2 p.m. Monday, parade, from New Haven Elementary School to New Haven Rural Cemetery.
- Oswego city: 7:40 to 11:59 a.m. Monday, service/parade, Oswego VFW 2320, 85 Bridge St.
- Redfield: 11 a.m. Monday, ceremony, municipal building.
- Parish: Noon Monday, ceremony, Hastings-Parish VFW Post 8823, 13 county Route 45. Service will be held at Hastings Cemetery on Route 11.
- Phoenix: Noon Monday, parade, Veterans of Foreign War Post 5540 and local cemeteries.
- Pulaski: 10 a.m. Monday, parade, Jefferson Street.
- Williamstown: 2 p.m., Monday, parade, from Main Street to Memorial Park.